My name is Doria (DC) Cordova, and I am the CEO / Owner Excellerated Business Schools® (BSE) and the Money & You® Program. I was blessed to have been there from the beginning of the programs – and I happily inherited all the Intellectual Property rights to the work on July 8, 1985 from the original creators.
Excellerated Business School® for Entrepreneurs
3 “Global Super Factors” are currently aligning that will create an unprecedented explosion of newly-created billionaires in the next 5 to 30 years.
Here’s what’s happening and how you can position yourself to capitalize through this “Perfect Storm”, build your legacy – and – make a real difference in the process…
Dear successful entrepreneur,
If you’ve ever wished you could play a bigger game, have more impact and build kingdoms of wealth in the process; the next five years will be your window.
My name is Dame DC Cordova, and over the last 38 years I’ve helped to build the Excellerated Business School® for Entrepreneurs, now expanded to what we call the Global Excellerated Business School™ for Entrepreneurs (BSE) – part of a little-known educational curriculum that includes the Money & You® program that helped launch the career of Robert Kiyosaki (Rich Dad / Poor Dad) – and have had graduates like Jack Canfield (Chicken Soup for the Soul), Ben Cohen (Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream), Paul Mitchell (Hair Products), and countless other multi-millionaires and billionaires. Read more
Most of us know that setting goals is critical to achieving what we want in life. But what a lot of us don’t understand is how to set goals…and to stick with them!
Here are the top 5 mistakes most of us make when we set goals…and how to avoid them.
1. The goals are too broad or vague – really big goals are more like “dreams.” Actual goals are much smaller and they are baby steps to be taken to achieve something much bigger (the dream). And that’s where most of us go wrong. We know what we want the end result to be (start a business) but we don’t build each step into our daily lives. So, life goes on and months or years go by and we still haven’t started our business. Once we know the desired end result, we should begin to break that down into actionable steps and then take those actions. Next, we can do something every week (or even every day) to take a little step toward the dream. Momentum comes from taking small, frequent actions.
2. Deadlines are unrealistic – we may have big dreams and want to be really aggressive to achieve them. This might work for some people but, for others, it will just overwhelm them and cause the budding entrepreneur to jump ship. It’s important to set realistic deadlines that can be met under almost any circumstance. We must take into account our other commitments and responsibilities when setting deadlines. We’ll see more achievement with steady (or even slow) progression than if we get overwhelmed and don’t take action at all.
3. We don’t change our thinking – When we’re trying to accomplish goals, we must change our mindset to picture what life will be like when we reach the goal and achieve the dream. If we only look at the way things are now, we aren’t inspired to continue. We’ll get dragged down and give up on the end prize. In order to change our thinking, we must find people and things that inspire us. We must surround ourselves with those people and things that offer us encouragement so we can have enough fuel to endure the trip. Keeping a “dream board” where we have our big goals posted in words or pictures is a great way to keep our eyes looking forward. Building a strong network of like-minded people that can provide support is critical to keep us motivated.
4. We listen to “nay-sayers” – Not everyone will be as enthusiastic about our new ventures as we are. Some people will try to sabotage us and get us to stop thinking big. We must stop listening to these negative people and sometimes this means limiting our interaction with them about our new business plans. This doesn’t mean we can’t love them and spend time with them (they might be good friends or even family members) but it does mean that we not let their negativity cloud our vision. It may not be that they want us to fail, they may just fear change. It’s up to us to shut out the negativity and continue on our path. This is another reason why it is crucial that we surround ourselves with a team of positive supporters that want nothing more than to see us succeed on our journey.
5. We don’t have a plan – Without a plan, we will most certainly never reach our goals or our dreams. We will continue to let life happen rather than making life happen. When we have a solid plan of action, we are way more likely to take the steps toward achievement. Many goal-setting gurus will tell you to write your goals down every single day, by hand. This is a great way for you to start the day thinking about the bigger picture. You can then define the actionable steps you can take TODAY to move toward the goal. Some days that step might be to make a couple of phone calls or listen to a CD program…other days it may mean something much bigger.
Set the goal, make the plan, get to work, stick to it, and you will reach the goal.
A cute video to illustrate what it means to be an entrepreneur… to lighten you day.
It makes the distinction between an entrepreneur or an employee. Can you spot the difference?
7 Powerful Principles Entrepreneurs Live By
by DC Cordova
In my program, Money & You®, we teach entrepreneurs, business professionals, salespeople, doctors, attorneys, alternative health care providers, engineers, scientists, writers, networking professionals, business owners, and many wealth gurus – you name them, we’ve taught them – how to live a principle-filled life based on the teachings of R. Buckminster Fuller, W. Edwards Deming, Georgi Lozanov, and many other pioneers of new thinking.
The reasons why six weeks was a breakthrough – and continues to be – is because there wasn’t and still isn’t a school anything like it. They called it the Burklyn Business School for Entrepreneurs and it was first offered in Vermont in 1978. Later that year, they created Money & You®, designed to be five days that incorporated left-and-right-brain teaching techniques extensively researched in the post-war era economic expansion. It’s actually quite fun! If you like music, games, color and experiencing rather than sitting in a classroom, you’ll get it.
We’ve took our teaching and learning technology global, and now it is offered in North America, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan, Hong Kong and throughout China.
So, with that background on what Money & You® is, I’d like to share 7 POWERFUL Principles to live by (every successful entrepreneur I know lives by these principles).
- The Universe Will Not Deny You Anything. Only You Can Do That. -G.S.
This is one of the most powerful principles I have learned and we teach. R. Buckminster Fuller referred to God as the Native Americans did – Great Spirit or G.S. For some of you this is easy – everything you have in your life right now – every relationship, money in the bank, your cars, pets, where you live, your attitude, your free time, your fulfillment – is completely what you’ve chosen! The Universe is abundant and there is only ONE PERSON who can deny you ANYTHING! YOU! Get this one and you’ll create freedom.
- Thinking Is the Hardest Thing You Can Do. That’s Why So Few People Engage In It. -Henry Ford
Think about this one… When have you stopped yourself because it got “hard” to find the solution? Realize that you will be compensated in direct proportion to the size of the solution you solve.
- Integrity Is The Essence Of Everything (Successful). -R. Buckminster Fuller
The human spirit has complete integrity. When you are out of touch with yourself, you may take some actions that are not congruent with what you know to be best. So, basically, integrity is something that “holds it’s own shape.” Take a look around you and see if there are things that are not working for you. And are you in complete integrity with yourself?
- 94% Of Problems Are System Based. Look To The System To Correct. -W. Edwards Deming
W. Edwards Deming is known as the father of Quality Control. He is the reason why Toyota is known for quality. If the results in your business continue to suffer, the systems you have aren’t producing your desired results. As they say in the computer world, “Garbage in, garbage out!” Well, with a bad system that’s not always true. You can have gold going in and garbage coming out. One of the co-creators of M&Y, Marshall Thurber, was an avid student of W. Edwards Deming. For more information on his work go to http://www.positivedeviants.com
- Clarity Leads To Power.
As they used to say in the G.I. Joe cartoon, “Knowing’s half the battle!” When you are clear on your goals, your values, your mission – everything will begin to fall in place. It’s the decision in knowing what you want that sets you on the path. The “how” of making your goals come true will appear in miraculous moments.
- The Most Powerful Force I Have Is What I Say To Myself AND What I Believe.
Your words create. Buckminster Fuller said, “Words are your most powerful tool.” Other teachers of ours share that we create with our words. And science is now validating that our thoughts are also physically affect the condition of our cells.
- There Are No Victims. Only Volunteers.
Responsibility is removing all blame, shame and justification. When you take responsibility for the results you have, you truly learn the value in the learning experiences throughout your life. What do all those experiences have in common? You.
Huang Ming, one of the world’s most successful Solar Entrepreneur, will be hosting The Excellerated Business School in China this year. His commitment is to make all of China (and the world) run on renewable energy! His valley is one of a kind.
Huang Ming’s vision of demonstrating the possibilities of solar energy spawned the construction of the valley that also hosted the 4th International Solar Cities Initiative Congress.
Huang Ming was awarded the Laureate of 2011“Right Livelihood Award”—The Alternative Nobel Prize with Jacqueline Moudeina from Africa, Ina May Gaskin from USA and GRAIN (International) for efforts of working for better livelihood of human.
(please check http://www.rightlivelihood.org/ for more information).
On July 12, we celebrated R. Buckminster Fuller’s birthday.
He was such a futurist that we can expect his work still being world-famous decades from now. We were blessed to have him in our lives as a Mentor — we were not his Protegees (you had to be a genius to be that) — but students of the principles that he taught us.
Bucky would learn from nature and then apply it the human experience.
Here’s a great video from CBS Sunday Morning Show…
DC recently attended the Business School For Entrepreneurs in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and was asked to do an interview on The Business Station on how entrepreneur education is key in obtaining success.
You can listen to the interview here:
[wpaudio url=”http://www.moneyandyoublog.com/wp-content/uploads/ResourceCentre_DC Cordova.mp3″ text=”DC Cordova on Money Making Systems” dl=”0″]
You can get DC's Money Making Systems here:
With all the change happening in our world today, it's interesting to look to today's futurists to try to make sense of it all.
Meet Ray Kurzweil, the futurist visionary, inventor, entrepreneur, who predicted with uncanny accuracy the rise of the Internet, the fall of the Soviet Union, and the year that a computer would beat a human being at chess. His prediction for the coming Singularity–when Artificial Intelligence completely outpaces the human brain, an event Kurzweil forecasts will happen in the year 2045–remains to be seen.
Ray's theory on “The Singularity” is an era in which our intelligence will become increasingly nonbiological and trillions of times more powerful than it is today—the dawning of a new civilization that will enable us to transcend our biological limitations and amplify our creativity. Wired Magazine has a good article on Ray here.
Food for thought…
Ray Kurzweil has been described as “the restless genius” by The Wall Street Journal, and “the ultimate thinking machine” by Forbes. Inc. magazine ranked him #8 among entrepreneurs in the United States, calling him the “rightful heir to Thomas Edison,” and PBS included Ray as one of 16 “revolutionaries who made America,” along with other inventors of the past two centuries.
Ray was the principal developer of the first CCD flatbed scanner, the first omni-font optical character recognition, the first print-to-speech reading machine for the blind, the first text-to-speech synthesizer, the first music synthesizer capable of recreating the grand piano and other orchestral instruments, and the first commercially marketed large-vocabulary speech recognition.
Ray is the recipient of the $500,000 MIT-Lemelson Prize, the world’s largest for innovation. In 1999, he received the National Medal of Technology, the nation’s highest honor in technology, from President Clinton in a White House ceremony. And in 2002, he was inducted into the National Inventor’s Hall of Fame, established by the U.S. Patent Office.
He has received nineteen honorary doctorates, and honors from three U.S. presidents. Ray has authored six books, four of which have been national bestsellers. The Age of Spiritual Machines has been translated into 9 languages and was the #1 best-selling book on Amazon in science. Ray’s latest book, The Singularity is Near, was a New York Times bestseller, and has been the #1 book on Amazon in both science and philosophy. Kurzweil AI.net has over one million readers annually.
Steps to Create Happiness and Wealth – Step 2
In our lest segment we introduced Feng Shui and the first step or six. Now I'd like to introduce step two.
Second Step: Make a decision of what you wish
The Law of Attraction tells us that the Universe is only able to help you create your desires if you clearly decide what you wish.
The Universe tells us: YOUR WISH IS MY COMMAND.
A. WHAT DO YOU WISH?
Some people are very clear about what they desire, and others are totally not.
Marie Diamond can help you decide with SOME TIPS.
1 – If you have a hard time making a decision on what you wish to create, make sure you place a bubbling fountain in the north of your living room or office, but not in your bedroom.
2 – Check which images you surround yourself with:
• Are they uplifting or depressing? Choose uplifting images.
• Are the people in the images alone or with others? Find pictures or images with a feeling of togetherness.
• Are there many pictures on your walls or is there space between them? Zen is better than chaos.
• Are there any pictures confirming your dreams or your nightmares? Confirm your dreams.
3 – Make sure your desk is clear and your papers are filed, or it can be hard to make decisions in your professional life.
4 – Declutter your computer files. Don’t let too many files be open on hold as you work.
B. 4 THINGS TO START WISHES:
When using Diamond Feng Shui, it is important to have your wish ready in 4 aspects of your life:
SUCCESS: Your professional life
HEALTH: Harmony in your body
RELATIONSHIPS: All kinds – professional, romantic, family and friends
WISDOM: Your spiritual level, or level of knowledge
In order to ask the universe your wishes for these 4 aspects, you need to know how to address them to the universe:
1/ in the present tense
2/ with your Name: for example – I, Marie Diamond
3/ in detail: the more details, the better the Universe can respond to you
4/ confirmed with symbols, colors, and images that according to Diamond Feng Shui can help you
SUCCESS: royal blue will be helpful for everyone to manifest professional success.
HEALTH: emerald green will be helpful for everyone to manifest good health in body, mind and spirit.
RELATIONSHIPS: rose will be helpful for everyone to manifest great relationships.
WISDOM: yellow will be helpful for everyone to manifest wisdom and knowledge.
C. SENDING THE MESSAGE TO THE UNIVERSE FROM THE RIGHT ANGLE
Asking the universe is one thing, but which direction will have the most impact? In Diamond Feng Shui Essentials, Marie Diamond explains to you exactly which directions are important for you personally, to activate in your living room, office or bedroom.
THE SECRET is that this direction is not the same for everyone. You need to know your 4 best directions to send your message on success, health, relationships and wisdom to the universe. That is the knowledge Marie Diamond has acquired from the ancient wisdom of Feng Shui.
As we are living in a linear time and space dimension we need to use this linear information to reach the non-linear dimensions of the universe. The universe is like the postal service. If you post your mail in the right mailbox, and from the correct address, you will receive the right answers back from the universe more quickly.
Marie explains in a DVD, CD and Manual exactly how to send the right message to the universe and increase your ability to manifest your desires more quickly.
Go on line for DIAMOND FENG SHUI ESSENTIALS
Money & You® Grad
Copyright Marie Diamond USA 2006
For Global Entrepreneurs:
San Diego, California 92138 USA
Excellerated Business Schools
San Diego, California 92138 USA